No San Diego vacation is complete without a little shopping. Whether you’re looking for seashells, sunglasses, or a new bathing suit, you’re sure to find just the thing in one of the stores in and around Coronado Island.
Spend a leisurely afternoon strolling Orange Avenue. Or head to Horton Plaza to find your favorite name brands all in one place. Many shops on our list are within walking distance of Coronado Beach Resort, while others are less than 20 minutes by car.
- Coronado Ferry Landing. The Coronado Ferry Landing is the only place where you can indulge your inner shopaholic while enjoying panoramic views of the San Diego skyline from across the bay. Buy your significant other a hand-rolled cigar from the Coronado Cigar Factory. Then browse the art galleries and boutiques until you find the perfect treat for yourself.
- Hotel Del Coronado. Conveniently located right across the street from Coronado Beach Resort, the Hotel Del Coronado has something for every taste. Browse California-inspired home decor at Babcock & Story Emporium whole your kids play with the toys at the Blue Octopus. After you’ve made your purchases, it’s only a short walk back to your room.
- Orange Avenue. All you have to do is exit our lobby and you’ll find yourself on bustling Orange Avenue. Coronado’s main street is lined with one-of-a-kind shops, art galleries, and casual eateries. It’s the perfect place to pick up an island souvenir or a few postcards.
- Seaport Village. Located just across the San Diego Bay, Seaport Village offers spectacular views and even better shopping. You can easily spend a full day exploring the 50-plus shops! Pick up irreverent gifts and fair-trade accessories at Urban Girl, or splurge on super-soft bamboo tees at Cariloha. You’re sure to find something for everyone on your souvenir list.
- Westfield Horton Plaza. This five-level outdoor mall has all your favorite stores and then some. Spend the day shopping at Westfield Horton Plaza before treating yourself to an indulgent dinner in the adjacent Gaslamp Quarter. Horton Plaza is also home to the Fantasy on Ice Skating Rink, which typically operates from late November through early January.
After a full day of shopping, return to the quiet comfort of Coronado Beach Resort. Stash your finds in your spacious suite. Then head to the roof for drinks as you watch the sunset over the Pacific. Contact us today at (619) 522-6000 to learn more or to book your stay.