There is so much to do in San Diego and when you only have a weekend to do it all, it can be overwhelming! We’ve taken the top 5 must-dos of San Diego and made a bucket list for your next visit.
Eat a California Burrito
With so many delicious restaurant options in San Diego, it’s easy to have a go-to. But if you’re in the mood to try something new, opt for a night of Mexican eats and try a California Burrito. This jumbo burrito, filled with carne asada, guacamole, pico de gallo, cheese and French fries, is wrapped in a flour tortilla and pairs nicely with some salsa. If you ask the locals, the quality of Cal-Mex restaurants are measured by their California burrito.
If you’re looking for something a little lighter, take a chance on a fish taco – you won’t be disappointed! To top off your night, go for an horchata, a sweet rice milk drink with a hint of cinnamon and vanilla.
Here are our favorite Mexican spots closest to the resort:
- Clayton’s Mexican Take Out – for casual eats – Coronado
- La Salsa – for casual dining – Coronado
- Miguel’s Cocina – for a sit down experience – Coronado
Grab a Craft Beer
San Diego is full of local craft breweries along with some mainstream favorites. Whether you like hoppy beer, light brews or citrusy ciders, there is bound to be a drink for you. If you’re opting out of a drink, most have delicious appetizers and some even have a family friendly ambiance. Take a day and visit some of these favorite spots.
- Coronado Brewing Company – family friendly – Coronado
- Mission Brewery – family friendly – San Diego
- Ballast Point – family friendly with eats – Little Italy, San Diego
Watch the Sunset on the Pacific
Sunsets are beautiful wherever you are, but are especially beautiful when you’re at our resort! Elevate your experience by going to these local favorite spots. Some require a hike, others a quick walk from the resort.
- Sunset Cliffs
- Centennial Park
- The rooftop deck of the resort!
Farmers Market Finds
We are lucky because there are countless farmers markets throughout San Diego County. You never know what you’ll find or what you’ll be inspired by when you walk through these street fairs. Bring back some locally caught fish or fresh picked fruits and veggies to your own kitchen for a home cooked meal. Or, be inspired to find handmade goods you can share with friends and family.
- Coronado Certified Farmers Market – every Tuesday from 2:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- Coronado Ferry Landing – open daily from 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Horton Square Farmers Market – every Friday from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Ride the Coaster
Sometimes, when we’re on vacation, the last thing we want to do is drive. Try taking the coaster up/down the coast to some of these popular destinations. With the train close by the resort and at an affordable cost, it’s easy to get the whole family to adventure to a new spot for the day.
Be sure to check the Coaster website for the latest schedule.
- Hop off the train at Carlsbad Village to explore the fun shops and restaurants
- Visit the Flower Fields in Carlsbad when they’re in bloom in the spring
- Head to Encinitas for a walk through the San Diego Botanic Garden
Enjoy these activities and more when you stay at Coronado Beach Resort! Simply book online or call (877) 681-4170.